The Joliet Partners for Healthy Families is a coalition of Will County stakeholders, committed to improving the overall health and well-being of families in Will County, IL.
In response to a 2006 Will County Needs Assessment, which identified obesity as a top medical condition in Will County, the group came together to develop long-term strategies to:
- Increase healthy nutrition, exercise and education among children
- Increase enrollment sponsored programs
- Increase family participation in healthy events
- Improve the overall health of adolescents
- Increase strength and flexibility in participants
- Monitor outcomes of the after-school programs